Friday, December 6, 2013

Quiet Times

It's been a pretty quiet couple of weeks over here at Blood, Sweat and Beers. With nothing on the racing horizon until spring, I haven't yet geared myself up into any kind of training mode again, so I'm stuck somewhere in between "sloth" and "snail" modes as far as motivation. I guess I could use this time to sit down and reflect back on my season and look at the things that went well, and then look at the things that didn't quite go as well as I would have hoped, but we all know that isn't going to happen. Let's not kid ourselves - I'm not one for much self-reflection.

Seeing as how this is the holiday season, I have been putting on my party boots and making good on my promise to relax a little bit. It's been a little weird, I'll have to admit. There have been quite a few stretches of time when I've gone three or four days without running, which isn't something I've done in a long time. Usually I'll hit day number three and start to go a bit crazy - but maybe it's my mind's way of telling me to slow the f*ck down and smell some roses because I haven't run since Thanksgiving last week and I'm not feeling any great urgency to get back at it. Don't take this the wrong way - I've been in the *gasp* pool a few times and I've started lifting again, but no running of any significance.

It is the time of year that I need to start thinking about next year's races, however, which means I have to actually get my act together and do a little research. There is actually quite a bit that goes into making a race calendar, but I'll get into that at a later date. As for now, I am just going to enjoy the holiday season a bit more and not think about anything too strenuous. SJ and I have quite a few engagements coming up this month - the holiday season is always great fun but also seriously stressful in trying to fit everything in. Sometimes I feel like we have to be in multiple places at once over the course of a weekend. Whew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

If you don't hear from me for a while, don't be alarmed - I will just be enjoying the festive season with a few spiked ciders and some mulled wine! You should, too!


Quite possibly the best photo bomb at a work party - ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment