Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's Going Down. . .

It's been a few days since my last real training post, but in all honesty, this has been a pretty quiet off-season. Seeing as how I really don't have anything in the books as far as races go this year, I can't really say that I've been really killing at getting in my base mileage. Not to mention the fact that this winter has been giving us a steady stream of winter storms, which means that a fresh round of snow arrives just as the previous one has melted away, leaving some not-so-great roads to run on.

However, seeing as how I have dedicated the first few months of the year to getting my ass back into the pool, this winter has been perfect for actually forcing me to do it. I've had a steady stream of three and four day weeks in the pool the past few weeks, so I've started to slowly - oh-so slowly - see my swim form come back as my yardage has picked up. And with winter storm Maximus hitting us like a ton of bricks yesterday - and winter storm Nika fresh on its' heels - I don't really foresee myself getting outside anytime soon.

This past weekend was a bit of a boozy one as well. Fifteen girls packed a ski chalet at Hunter Mountain to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of a certain crazy someone, and I'm pretty sure the town of Hunter has warrants out for at least three of us. I'd be surprised if they let any of us back in. Here are some pictures for frame of reference:




It's hard to get on the training wagon when you're having that much fun. Needless to say, it was an epic weekend, although I did get a day of snowboarding in so at least I feel like I did something productive besides destroy my liver, as well as all sense of dignity that I previously had.

Here's to a good time! Cheers, bitches. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment