Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: High Mileage Alert

Whew, what a weekend. I spent most of yesterday in a haze of football, wings and beers - and woke up in the middle of the night with what could only be called a hangover. I know, I must be getting old if my hangovers are starting to wake me up in the middle of the night just to let me know that, yes, I was in fact over served. Although, when my alarm went off this morning I was in quite the chipper mood, so maybe there's something to be said about getting your hangover pains out of the way at 2:00am.

Either way, onto the wrap up!

Number of Miles Ran: 41. This is an all-time mileage high for me. And it definitely came at the expense of forgoing the other two sports, as I slacked immensely in those areas.

Number of Miles Biked: 0. Oh, that's so sad. I promise to be better this week.

Number of Yards Swam: Also 0. Although this isn't that big of a shock, considering I usually never swim anyway. However, I did think about getting up yesterday morning to swim - but I never made it past the "thinking about" stage of the process.

Number of Coors Lights Consumed: 1. But that's only because I kept refilling my pint glass before it was actually completely empty. So, in actuality, this number is probably closer to 20. Oops.

On a different note, as I'm sure many of you heard/saw, last week another travesty hit the Jersey Shore when a 6-alarm fire ripped through Seaside Heights, taking out a big chunk of their newly-reconstructed boardwalk. Having spent some time drinking lots of beer and playing lacrosse in the armpit of America great state of New Jersey during my college days at Monmouth, this was disheartening to hear and see. However, fear not fellow runners/triathletes/friends/drinkers, for you can do your part to help put Seaside back together. On Sunday, October 20th, the Ocean Running Club will be holding their annual Seaside Half-Marathon and 5k. While this usually starts and ends on the boardwalk, this year there will be some adjustments made - BUT THE RACE WILL GO ON! Even if you're not a runner, if you have the time, come down to the Jersey Shore and volunteer for the morning or help cheer on the runners. Together we can all help bring the Jersey Shore back to life for the second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment