Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: My Week Off

I know there are a few things that I need to update everyone on. One would be my lack of race recap for the Philadelphia Marathon and I promise you that it's coming! I really have no excuse for this slacking, as I was able to get you a weekly wrap up in a timely manner, and also I have pretty much done nothing with myself all week, so offer you no excuses. And guess what - there's really not a whole lot you can do about it. But really, I promise you it will be sometime this week.

The other thing is my weekly wrap up for this past week, although can you really recap a week with NO TRAINING WHATSOEVER?! That's right, I literally did not do a single thing that could constitute as a "workout" at all last week. I didn't even do yard work. I did nothing but shamelessly eat and drink my face off all week. I pretty much indulged in doing anything and everything that I didn't allow myself to do in the past 18 weeks. And it was glorious. However, as a result of this week of debauchery, it was awfully difficult to get myself out of bed today and back on the wagon.

Here's a recap of the weeks' events:

Monday: did nothing
Tuesday: did nothing
Wednesday: went to the dentist for the first time in six years (I know, I even gross myself out with this)
Thursday: went back to the dentist for an hour to get everything taken care of that I had neglected in the past six years
Friday: went out and drank a tad too much Patron, and as a result...
Saturday: spent most of the day in bed with a hangover the size of the Grand Canyon after spending the morning attempting to work
Sunday: watched football for the entire day

So there you have it. The week in a nutshell! However, now that my week off from training is over, it's back to it. I don't have anything coming up anytime soon, but for the meantime I would like to keep the weekly mileage somewhere in the 15-20 mile range. It's also back to the gym for me, something that I've been neglecting the past few months since marathon training took over full time (and considering I am a personal trainer, probably a matter of "do as I say, not as I do").

Total Running Miles: ZERO!

Total Shots of Patron on Friday Night/Saturday Morning: Ugh, too many. Not good. Someone remind me in the future that I am not 23 anymore and shots are NEVER a good idea. Ever.

Total Hours of Football I Watched on Sunday Afternoon: At least seven. It was glorious.

Like I said above, I promise to give everyone a race recap on Philly this week however, I will leave you with this conundrum that I was faced with during yesterday's Jets/Ravens' game:

Raven's jersey and Jet's player. What was I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment