Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: Better Late Than Never

I know, I know. It's Tuesday already so I probably should have just gone ahead and skipped the whole weekly wrap-up to begin with, but this week was HUGE training wise so I felt the need to brag about it fill you all in. I also did various fun activities last week, making it quite the productive week. I had a parade on Wednesday evening that resulted in slight intoxication as well as a trip to the vineyards on Sunday, which is only slightly ironic since the only thing I drank was beer.

I had training in the morning on Sunday and then left for the vineyards around 1, so instead of half-assing a five miler just to do something, I chose to rest on Sunday and opted to do my long run on Monday evening. I spent a bit longer at work than I wanted to so wasn't able to get out until almost 5 and by that time I knew I would have to push it in order to get the whole 16 in. I ended up doing 15.5, which I was totally fine with.

In terms of training mileage, it was the heaviest week to date, and I have one more heavy week of training before a step back week next week. I have the West Point Triathlon on Sunday morning, and then will try and add on another 5 or 6 miles after at a nice steady pace, but the race is tough with a lot of uphill work, so I'm going to see how it goes. Also, I have a tendency to drink immediately post-race which puts a serious damper on all physical activity later on in the day. If you can't enjoy yourself during the race, you might as well enjoy some beverages after it.

On to the wrap-up.

Number of Miles Run: 35. My running mileage is slowly but surely creeping up into that "you are crazy" number. I am counting yesterday's long run as part of last weeks' running mileage total. I know that technically that's a cop out, but seeing as how I might not do another long run this week but rather on Monday again next week, I'm counting it. And it's my blog so I can do what I want.

Number of Miles Biked: 28. That's a bad number. The fact that I have run more miles than biked is pretty bad, and I actually only got on the bike once last week. I wanted to ride on Friday, but I ended up going for a swim in the afternoon and just ran out of time before happy hour. Yes, that's right, happy hour. I know where my priorities are.

Number of Yards Swam: 5300. This is actually phenomenal for me. Considering that I can barely get in 3000 each week, the fact that I swam a long session last Friday and did a 2500 main set was great and I applaud myself. I'll take anything I can get swim-wise at this point.

With the West Point Tri this upcoming weekend being only a B race, I am training through it so there will be no taper for me. Depending on the after party there might be a chance to squeeze in some after-race miles, but don't count on it. SJ and I are spending the weekend up there, so maybe I'll be able to convince her to do a long trail run in Bear Mountain State Park on Monday and call that my LSD.

Other things on tap for the week - besides beer, of course, because that's always on tap at our house: FD training on Wednesday, hill repeats on Thursday, hopefully two swim workouts and two bike workouts spaced out somewhere amongst the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment