Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: Race Season Makes Me Tired

I have to do a much better job at updating my Daily Mile tracker. I tend to not update workouts for a few days, and then I add three or four at a time, which really defeats the purpose of using a tool named the "Daily Mile". Perhaps something called the "Whenever I get the Chance Mile", or the "I can't remember to update this Daily Mile", would be more appropriate. But anyways, it's finally been updated today for everything from roughly the past week, so feel free to browse, friends!

Had a great weekend since the last time we spoke. Well, I guess we didn't actually "speak", although if you actually know me in person - as opposed to just stumbling across this here blog and stalking me from afar - you might read this and hear my voice saying things in a way you would think I would say them, and then I guess it really is like speaking to me! Wow, that was a long sentence on something totally off topic.

Anywho - so the weekend was fab. I won't go into too much detail about TOBAY other than to say I was successful in many of the goals I set this weekend, most importantly the goal of having a beer in my hand by 9:15am on Saturday morning. After the race, there was a nap and then there were some more beers and some crabs. I know what you're thinking and no, I didn't go to the Jersey Shore Saturday night - my dad had a crab feast and we cooked up some blue craws in Old Bay and went to town. Any food you have to eat with a hammer is food I want to eat!



I admit that I was rocking somewhat of a hangover later on that evening - either my party shoes are starting to get worn out or all that pre-noon beer really did a number on me - so it was relatively early to bed for me. Sunday I was off to Queens to visit Ry-Guy and the girls for brunch. You know you're getting old and your friends are having babies when brunch starts at 10 am and includes home-baked goods like cinnamon rolls. However, that did not stop us from having a few cocktails and lucky for me, I took public transportation and did my part to save the environment (while also denting my bank account. Really, LIRR, $22 to get to Queens? WTF?) so I didn't have any shame (when do I ever?) in having four or five.*

SJ and I cooked up some good eats last night for dinner (steak and potatoes - we are so typical) so we had a great ending to a great weekend. The three fire calls I got in the middle of the night weren't appreciated, but that's my fault for volunteering.

More on TOBAY in the race report coming up tomorrow. But for now, I leave with the totals.

Number of Miles Run: 22. That's a pretty low number. I mean, I know it was a step-back week, but that doesn't mean take a running leap and see how far back we can step, Kaitlyn. Seeing as how I started today off with a 10 miler, I promise to make this number bigger this week.

Number of Miles Biked: 28. I only biked once last week, plus the race on Saturday, so not great. Considering my A race is in two weeks and consists of a 40k ride, I should probably do a bit more riding this week. But at this point, I can't cram for it so it is what it is. I do have a 35 miler on tap for this week, so that should help out a bit. 

Number of Yards Swam: 3500ish. This is typical.

Number of Beers Drank by 12pm on Saturday: 6. It was great.

Number of Epic Naps Taken: 1, on Saturday after those 6 beers. I slept for almost four times as long as I actually raced that morning. It was great.

I'm watching Serena Williams crush it at the US Open right now and about to fall asleep. Poor SJ, I'm sure she didn't realize when we got married that I would turn into someone who goes to bed earlier than toddlers.

Look for a race recap tomorrow, as well as a better week of training reports. I promise!

*I promise to buy you and Mark more beer to replace the ones I stole drank.

No comments:

Post a Comment